Nixon x Metallica
Celebrating Nixon’s favorite song from the band’s third studio album, a limited-edition 51-30 was created for a lucky few.
Sleep, my friend, and you will see
That dream is my reality.
They keep me locked up in this cage
Can't they see it's why my brain says "rage?"
Top 5 Reasons the 51-30 “Sanitarium" Rocks Hard
1. The Nixon team went all in for this special limited edition, only 100 were made and there are dozens of hidden design details specific to this Metallica edition.
2. The “Locked in a Cage" theme dominates the design from broken cell bars on the bezel, all the way down to their presence on the custom packaging.
3. Lights out brings more madness. Under the glow of blacklight a whole new level of insanity appears under the crystal in UV ink: the voices of a madman are uncovered.
4. Counting the days. The details all the way down to the hash marks that count days, months, and years can be found everywhere: the crown, behind band links, under the crystal and even on the packaging.
5. The tide subdial rotates a shard of broken glass from "sane" to "insane" every 12 hours, flipping this traditional tide tracker on its head. The 51-30 Tide itself is an iconic model known for its bold and sideways approach to tide watches. As surfing is important to the band, it made this model even more special when paying respect to them.